Use the Minimum Balance feature if you want to stop deliveries to a customer if their balance drops below a given value.
How it works
As customers receive their deliveries their account balance will be deducted, this is fine and dandy, however if their balance reaches or drops below their minimum, with the glorious Minium Balance feature enabled, all future deliveries will be HALTED. These customers will have a nasty red HALT status next to their name and you'll be given a notification so you can spot these customers as they arise. If you choose, Bucky Box can also send them a courtesy email as described further below.
Deliveries for this customer will resume once their account balance rises above their minimum. This can happen in two ways, they pay you (hooray!!!) or by you graciously setting their minimum to a lower amount. And yes, each customer (according to their trustworthiness!) can have their own minimum, independent of the default given to all your other customers.
- Minimum Balance = -30.00 means a customer will continue to have deliveries until their last delivery deducts money and the account hits -30.00 or less, all future deliveries are halted until a payment is made to top up their balance higher than -30.00
- Minimum Balance = 0.00 means a customer must alway have money in their account for a delivery to be generated.
- Minimum Balance = 14.99 means a customer must have at least 15.00 in their account before deliveries can be generated
Activating Minimum Balance
Minimum Balance can be activated inside your settings located on the top right of your screen.
At the bottom of the Business Information tab, is a checkbox to activate this feature.
- The value set for Minimum balance will be given to all subsequent customers added to the system but will not change any of your existing customers.
- If you want to update existing customers to the new default, make sure you select the Also update existing customers checkbox.
- If you want Bucky Box to automatically send an email to customers that have reached their minimum balance, make sure you select the Send and email checkbox (see further below for an example of the email).
Editing the Minimum Balance for a customer
You can edit a specific customer's Minimum Balance in their profile page by clicking the edit profile link. To save needless clutter, Bucky Box will only display a customer's minium balance if it different from the default or if it has been exceeded in which case it will also be highlighted in yellow.
Customer email notifications
If enabled in the settings, Bucky Box will automatically send an email to customers as soon as they reach their minimum balance. The below is an example of the email Bucky Box will send:
SUBJECT: Whooops, your Fantastic Vege People deliveries have been put on hold
Hi John,Please make a payment or contact Fantastic Vege People.
Whoops, we've noticed your account has reached your minimum balance - your existing account balance is $-46.50 (your account should always be above your minimum balance of $-27.50 in order to receive deliveries).
If you've recently made a payment, it may not have shown up yet - take a look at your account statement in the next few days to check.
Fantastic Vege People Team
Keywords: payments, accounts, halt, deliveries